Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hazards of Softball

So, remember that whole post about us loving softball and watching the girls improve every game and all of that....I have to post this picture just to remember there are also hazards with playing the game of softball. I was sitting out in the car waiting for Brit to be done with practice and I get a call from her coach saying she is headed to the snack bar with the team mom to get some ice. She'll be fine, but she got hit in the eye and it's already swelling and turning green. Well, by the time I got to the snack bar after racing out of the car, she was walking toward me with an ice bag on her eye. This was the aftermath. She was such a trooper....I guess after a girl on her team had batted, the ball went to an outfielder and Brittany was standing really close to her so she looked away, thinking she was going to throw it in to the pitcher but she threw it to her instead. Needless to say, she didn't catch it. :)

There is a cute part to this story....we had a game the next day and we show up to play and all of the girls on the team had painted their eye black. They all had black eyes just for Brittany....it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. What a fun way to bond a team together and it was the coach's idea. Her coach, Karen, called that night to make sure she was okay and was so concerned about her. It didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would and I'm sure it was because she kept ice on it from the minute it happened. I thought it made her look tough...but she got sick of it pretty quickly. It was a nice reminder to always pay attention....you never know when a ball is coming your way!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Thats using your head, Brit!

Only Britney can get a shiner and still look adorable!

Hayley said...

She is so pretty, even with a black eye!

Gwen said...

Poor baby.

Miriam said...

She should be sooo proud ;) I love your family picture.

Jenie said...

This is Bailey.

Her black eye never really went away, she just hides it with make-up. :) It is still pretty purple. The first day, she scared me once I saw her. That's never a good sign.

~Bailey

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Okay, after seeing this tonight and her at the ward party tonight, I think that girl is going to have to wear protective gear to protect that beautiful face of hers. At least you know it will go back as she looked so great even after the black eye. love you guys.