Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthday Present - Skydive Elsinore!!

So in my previous post, I mentioned that Cody gave me a gift certificate to go Skydiving. Well, it was so fun because the weekend we went, my dad and Debbie happened to be in town. We all drove down together and when we got there, we could kind of see that my dad was contemplating it. Well, before long, he was ready to go so we all signed up and signed the waiver and then sat around and waited for a few hours. Nothing like time to make you wonder what the heck you're doing. :) We had to wait forever but the kids were really great! We finally got suited up and we headed up to 12,500 ft. My dad was the first to go and I was the second one out. It's such a weird thing because I wasn't really very nervous....everything started moving so fast that I didn't really have time to get nervous. I was more nervous for my dad than I was for me. It was such an amazing experience and it's definitely something I can check off my bucket list. It was so much fun to do it together and I'm glad that dad and Debbie were there....we had such a fun day and afterward, we found a cute little cafe and had lunch and talked about the crazy afternoon we'd had. I'm so glad I have such an adventurous husband who likes to do crazy things with his wife. I'm especially glad that the parachute opened and I didn't come hurdling down to the earth. I'm glad we all made it down and we lived to tell about it. What a fun birthday present and definitely something I'll never forget! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: