skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My sweet friend, Kari, planned a breakfast with some of my friends the morning that we left. She came by to drop a present off for Brittany one afternoon and was talking to my dad about his car and was joking around and told him to have me pick her up for breakfast in that car. Well, I got up and was ready to walk out the door and my dad said, "Well, aren't you going to take my car?" I said, "No, are you kidding?" He said, "Kari wants a ride so just take it." I was pretty nervous driving around his pride and joy and I'm sure he circled the block a couple of times to make sure I parked it away from all of the other cars but we had so much fun. Kari has been battling cancer this last year and she's doing so good and finally starting to feel a little better and getting out more. She still keeps pretty good track of me and she always makes me feel like I'm still in the loop with everyone back home. We were able to go to dinner with her and her husband and my cousins to our favorite Mexican restaurant too so it was so fun to spend some time with them. With all she's been through, it was pretty great for her to plan this breakfast for me. I had such a great time catching up with my friends and we had a pretty stylin' ride. My dad's the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment