Sunday, August 10, 2008

Arts Camp

Brittany had a fun adventure for a couple of weeks....and so did we. She went to her Arts Camp for the last couple of weeks in July. We found out that we don't really like her being gone for so long. It really felt weird not to have her around and we all felt a little "off" while she was gone. We were really happy when the day finally came to go and pick her up. We really missed her, but I know it was an experience that she'll remember forever and I'm so grateful she had this opportunity. She met some incredible kids from all over the world and the instructors, counselors & staff were amazing. She's constantly getting emails from someone from camp and it's been fun; she met a really cute girl from Korea and she sends emails and her email address shows up in Korean. It's fun to get to know so many different people from different parts of the world. She was involved in the Mini-Musical Theatre and their show was incredible. The kids sang in 3-part harmony and had everything memorized and they looked so professional. I was really impressed and it was a really fun day to spend together. I know it was an opportunity of a lifetime, but we're so glad she's back!


This is her dorm room...

Cute sisters!

The cast of "The Elephant's Child"
This is her best friend from camp....and Carson
This was kind of cool....Forest Whitaker had 2 daughters in the class with Brittany. He was such a nice guy and was so nice to take pictures with some of the kids. I don't think many of them knew who he was, but their parents did.





Brittany's instructor.....and Carson :)

2 comments:

Audry said...

What a great experience for her. I'm sure she will remember that forever.

Unknown said...

So Fun! Plus she had a celebrity in her mist. So cool.

UPDATE: My sisters husband Isaac had the surgery and all is well so far. Just still playing a waiting game to see if he needs Kemo or not. Will keep you posted.