Sunday, August 10, 2008

4th of July

Ty & Carson
This is my dad's "baby". He completely rebuilt this 1929 Studebaker and it's the coolest car. People ask him all the time how much money he thinks he invested in it and he says, "I was very careful not to keep track." :) I actually think it was good therapy for him too because he bought this car when we were little and has had it in a garage and finally got it out to work on it when my mom was sick. It took some time, but it turned out so good. He loves it and all of the grandkids thought it was pretty cool that they asked him to drive it in the parade on the 4th! He looks great!

My brother, sister-in-law and my cousin Shannon ran the 5K before the parade. We all made it and were walking the next day so mission accomplished! It was really fun and I ran a little faster than last year so woo-hoo! I guess we'll see if I can keep it up, which not looking so good since we've been back. I haven't been out running at all. Maybe when it gets cooler....:)
Grandma Leslie took Brit, Bai, Hadley and Keyli to Hannah Montana at the Stadium of Fire! They had so much fun and Leslie made it really special. She gave them all bags with Hannah Montana stuff in it and Keyli bought everyone a t-shirt so they all looked like they belonged there. They had a blast and came home with scratchy throats and lots of fun memories. My dad and Debbie ended up going with all of Debbie's kids and they didn't have quite as much fun! I think it's because my dad didn't have his Hannah Montana t-shirt on. :)
Justin and Mandy had a brunch at their house after the parade for everyone. We didn't get to see much of Debbie's kids so it was fun to spend some time with them on the 4th.




Every year, we go to Aunt Judy's to watch the fireworks. We have sloppy joes (Cody's request) and all of the regulars bring their specialties and I'm pretty sure this is how I gained 5 lbs while I was there. Good food, fun cousins and a great fireworks show....what more could you want?




No comments: