Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a Great Way to Spend a Sunday



Do you ever have one of those days that everything seems right with the world? I've been wondering how that can happen with everything that is actually going on in our lives, but today was one of those days. We woke up and got moving and were actually on time to church today. YEAH! Do you know they play music before church starts? (just kidding, I've heard it a couple of times before) :) We had one of those meetings that you're so glad you made it because you walk out of sacrament meeting with a smile and a determination to do better. Cody taught our primary class and I'm always amazed at those kids...we have to stay on our toes because I think they know as much as we do. I love their personalities and I love how much we learn from them and I love that I get to hang out with my husband at church. I taught the lesson in Relief Society and had the opportunity to meet Sister Bonnie Parkin, who is the General Relief Society President for the church who was recently released, and she was so sweet and kind, that I really came home with a renewed energy and spirit and could only think positive thoughts today.

We actually got a nap, which was wonderful and we woke up and helped Brittany study for the spelling bee. We got dinner ready and I just sat and watched the kids play and laugh together and then Cody got involved and I watched him knock them down and make them laugh and tease them and I watched them with so much love in my heart that I thought it would burst. I know that it may be a stressful time and we have a lot to think about and a lot of decisions to make, but I also know that we have all that is important right in front of us. I love my husband and I have 4 kids that make me want to be a better mom every day. I get stressed out and start to get a little high strung and they do something that brings me back around. It's funny how kids can do that. They definitely keep it real! I love their sense of humor and I love how much we laugh together. If we didn't make each other laugh, I think I'd be in a corner, sucking my thumb and banging my head against the wall. I'm just feeling like things are going to work out and even if they don't, as long as we have each other, it's going to be okay. We may have to pitch a tent on someone's lawn but if we're together, we'll work it out. :)

We were sad to learn this evening about President Hinckley and Brittany was so emotional which broke all of our hearts. We learned so much from him and one of the best things about him was his positive attitude and his love for other people. I think that is one thing that is keeping us going is the thought that if we just keep getting up and taking on another day, there might be something really great out there for us. That's what we're hoping for and I know that the gospel is such a bright spot for us and we're grateful for the lessons learned from President Hinckley. We will definitely miss him but we know he's in a wonderful place with his sweet wife. Kind of sweet thought at the end of a really wonderful day!

3 comments:

Audry said...

Great Post. I think I forget and get stressed out and I need my family to bring me back to earth. That's what families are for. THanks for sharing your thoughts

Trish said...

So, am I supposed to completely lose it and cry my eyes out every time I read your posts?!! I'm so sorry you guys are going through so much. We really are truly blessed to have such great husbands and kids in our lives. You are in my prayers - I think of you everyday and I'm so happy we can keep in touch like this! Take care of you!

Trish said...

P.S. We said an extra prayer for Brittany tonight. GOOD LUCK at the Spelling Bee tomorrow. We'll be thinking about you!