We're excited that Brittany was chosen to take part in the Ronald Reagan Spelling Bee and after cramming quite a bit, she is the Spelling Bee Champ! We're so proud of her and it was sooo fun to watch her, but I have to admit, I was really nervous too. It's pretty nervewracking watching your children do things like that and knowing there's nothing you can do to help them. Every word I just stood and watched her and hoped that she wasn't too nervous to remember what she'd practiced. 5 kids got out in the first round and I'm sure they knew how to spell their words but I thought about how scared they must have been standing up there on that stage in front of the microphone. Anyway, it was a really exciting day and we're so proud of her. She goes to the district competition on January 29th so we'll be studying for that next.
Her class was so cute with her and when the principal announced her as the winner, all of the kids stood up and cheered. It was a lot of fun for her to have Grandpa Mark and Grandma Leslie there too. They flew in on Thursday night so it was great that they could be here for that. It was fun to watch Carson and Bailey get so excited for her too. I think those are paydays for parents; we were all there together, loving and supporting each other and genuinely excited and wanting the best for Brit. Carson and Bailey were so happy for her, hugging her and especially wanting to hold her trophy. That was the funniest thing because Brittany wanted to go back to class but Bailey and Carson took turns standing on the stage at the microphone and accepting the trophy and giving speeches. I love them! What a fun day!

2 comments:
Hooray for Brittany! She's so awesome. What a fun time for you all. Way to go Brittany woman! (PS How did you get the pictures to go side-by-side? I like that and need that for my blog since my pictures go sooo long.) What a fun weekend.
Way to go! I remember being in a spelling bee when I was little and it was so scary. I remember the word I got wrong, it was 'chapter' The lady pronounced it 'chaptOR' and I got mixed up!!!
Post a Comment