Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

We went to a "Boo Bash" for Bailey's school and had a really great time! They go all out, including a Haunted House, both scary for older kids and a kid-friendly version for the little ones. Brit and Bailey both helped out in the Haunted Houses and the rest of us went for dinner, games, bounce house, the dunk tank and they even got their faces painted. Carson was Spiderman so the girl painted a spider on his face and he was thrilled. We didn't even insist on a bath that night so he could keep it on for Halloween which was the next day! It went perfect with his costume and we all had a great time!

Carson's new/old friend! He danced around with him for a while and then sat him on the couch next to him. I think we need to get out more! :)

Our ward had a trunk-or-treat & Chili Cook-off last Monday. It was so much fun and the kids had a great time! Cody made our chili and took 2nd place for the cook-off. I've decided that he should take over all of the cooking... we'll see how that goes. It was delicious and he did an excellent job! The kids made trick-or-treat bags and then went outside to the parking lot and made the rounds. It's so fun to go around and visit with all of our friends and we don't have to worry about the kids! It was a great night and a great way to kick-off the week!

One of my mother-of-the-year moments...I was a little late getting started on costumes this year. I guess Monday morning the day of the trunk-or-treat is pushing it, but our friends came through. Denice gave us a jersey and pants for Bailey and Karley was kind enough to try a cute little costume for Avery, but it was a little snug. Speaking of snug, Avery was Tinkerbell (again) for the ward party. We bought it last year so snapping it was a little tight and she looked like she was sporting a thong with all of the diaper hanging out the sides. It wasn't too bad and she loved it so we made it work and had a fun night! I guess next year I'll start looking before the day of the party. I work better under pressure anyway. :)

Halloween Day at school


Our little football player!

This is Bailey's school Principal, the counselor and assistant. Every year I look forward to what they're going to be. Last year, they were ballerinas with the blow up costumes and the year before that they were Thing One and Thing Two. It's so fun for the kids to see the administration letting their hair down. I can't wait to what next year brings!

TRICK-OR-TREAT!
What a fun night! We got together with Dean, Dayna and family for a little pizza and trick-or-treating. It was so fun for us and the kids! This was the first year we went around our neighborhood because we usually have the trunk-or-treat on Halloween night at the ward so we went around the neighborhood and then piled in the car and hit a couple of houses down the street. I've been enjoying Halloween ever since.....I think I'm definitely going to have to start exercising again! Rats!


Our little Puppy! Thanks, Alysa for a really cute costume for Avery. We ditched Tinkerbell and borrowed this cute puppy costume for Halloween. She did really well keeping the little hood on for a while so we had to snap some pictures while we could! She had a really fun night....as long as she had a sucker in one hand, she was pretty happy! Funny, I felt the same way. I carried her candy bag and there were quite a few wrappers in there when the night was over. :)


9 comments:

Justin and Mandy Smart said...

What cute pictures! It's great to see some new pictures and hear how you all are doing. The kids and I look at your blog at least 5 times a week to see what you've been up to. Ty was also Spiderman for Halloween, so he was pretty excited to see the pictures of Carson. Kate was a monkey and Jessica was a dalmation dog. We'll have to send you a picture. We're happy to hear that all is well with you. Congrats to both Brittany and Bailey on their being student of the month!

Audry said...

Cute pictures. Avery looks so much like Carson with the dog costume.

Tom and Niki said...

Yeah! Finally some new posts! Did you take my advice about the dishes? J/K. Good to know you're all still alove out there! I guess Spidey was the costume for 4 year olds this year, Carson, Ty and Dallin. Fun times! Keep 'em coming Jeninie!

MnS said...

What is trick-or-treating unless you all pile in one car? I love the pic with the kids hanging out the back window. They all seem to be having soo much fun.

Kim said...

I love the image of the thong with the diaper hanging out the back. These are cute pictures. That spider on Carson's face is awesome. That's some good face painting. Come to think of it, that's some good face! Happy Halloween!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I guess I haven't checked your blog in awhile. Such fun you've been having! You're family is so adorable. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Ryan Smart said...

How cute are you guys! Hey I don't know how often you check your blog, but we are blessing baby Camryn this Sunday at 11:00 in our ward. If you can make it we would love to have you.

Miriam said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe how much your kids have grown. You and Cody make beautiful children~~~They are all keepers. Hope you don't mind me taking a peek at your blog. Are blogs fun?

Kimberly Smart said...

Hey Cutie! I'm glad you find my blog..... Loved your pics! Your family needs to be in magazines! Seriously! Picture perfect family! Even better.....you are all beautiful on the inside! It was great seeing you and it will be awesome keeping up with each other on these blogs! (maybe I can keep up with the rest of our huge family too!) Love ya! Kim