I know it's been a while, but I'm ready to play catch up....again. I'm very determined to keep blogging because I'm getting excited about my journal for the last year. That was what started it all and it will be so gratifying in the end to have our year documented with pictures and everything...I can't wait! (That, and my niece keeps asking when we're going to do something new on our blog, because she's tired of looking at Brittany on her first day of school) :)
This actually isn't a picture of Bailey on her birthday, but we accidentally deleted her pictures of her birthday, so this is a picture of her favorite present. We really toned things down this year and this was her main gift; a motorized scooter. Brittany got one for her birthday and Bailey was always asking if she could ride it so we knew her's was coming. They have had so much fun with them and they've really come in handy. They ride them over to piano lessons, they ride them on errands for me and they take Carson and Avery on them too, real safe, I know. Cody and I have had a lot of fun too....we're not too old, yet. :) We've especially enjoyed hanging out in the evenings and watching the kids ride their bikes and playing outside. We're finally at the time of year that I remember why we enjoy living here. YEAH!
Bailey had a wonderful birthday and she's had a pretty good 9 years. We had a family party and it was all low-key and very casual. She didn't ask for much and was just very happy with what she got. I've gotten to the point that I've realized Cody and I have worried more about the gift part of birthdays and Christmas than the kids do. They're good kids and I appreciate that about each one of them. Her scooter didn't come right on her birthday, so we gave her a couple of small things and she was thrilled with them. We surprised her with it the next day so it was a lot of fun! We love Bailey so much and she really adds a lot of fun and personality to our family. She loves to play school and I love watching her set up the desks for Carson and Avery and teaching them about the seasons and doing "tear art" with them. She has the best smile....when she smiles, her eyes light up and I love that about her. You can always tell when she's truly happy and you don't even have to see her mouth. She has always had her own style and it's driving me crazy that it's old soccer shorts and t-shirts this year. So much for the school clothes we bought in August. :) She can be the sweetest girl in the world and I love the moments that she cuddles next to me and tells me that she loves me with her arm slipped in mine. She loves to help, especially cooking and she is constantly playing the piano, which I love, writing notes and emailing all of our family. She's the very best at keeping in touch and she does a wonderful job of that. We love her so much and I hope she always knows how special she is and how much she adds to our family. She was a little miracle baby for us and we've always known she was meant to be ours. What would we do without you? We love you! Happy Birthday (okay, 2 months late) but have a wonderful year!

1 comment:
You do have great kids. Sounds like she had a great birthday.
Post a Comment