Sunday, November 2, 2008

Carson Rocks!




Carson had a big month in August...I know it seems like I'm going backwards, but I have to include things as I remember them. He finally decided to swim without a ring or floaties. We've been trying to work with him on the swimming thing for quite a while, but he just wouldn't do it. He only wanted his floaties. We didn't push too much, but we knew that he was very capable, just not willing. It finally happened when we were at Grandma's house one afternoon and Cody was telling him that Avery was going to learn to swim before he did because she already likes to jump in and doesn't mind going under or anything. Well, that was it! He took off his floaties and jumped in and swam to the side. Amazing what a little competition will do, huh? He does a really good job and we were all so proud of him. It was a big accomplishment! Good job!

He didn't want that to be it, so he also decided to learn to ride his bike without training wheels. Okay, so the fact that I ran them over with the car had a little bit to do with it, but it gave him a little motivation. :) I guess that also taught him not to park his bike so close to the car. Two lessons in one. It didn't take him long and he was all over the place. The funny thing is that we bought him a bike for his birthday in January and it was way too big so we took it back but couldn't find a cool bike for him so we were going to go back and get one. Well... long story short, we never went back so he's been riding his old bike this last year, which is a little small. I couldn't find a picture with him actually ON his bike, but it's a little funny. We call him "Big kid on a little bike". For those of you who have seen Tommy Boy, this might make sense to you. :) He's so coordinated and he just goes full blast....he's growing up so fast and he is the sweetest boy! We love him and I have a few funny things that he has said lately that have totally cracked us up.
  • I was waiting to pull out into traffic the other day and I was muttering under my breath because the car was coming so slowly and was going to ruin my chances of pulling out before the car coming the other direction was too close and he said, "Mom, don't get in an accident. We paid good money for this car." I think I laughed for two blocks.
  • He was asking Cody question after question....after a little while, he asked another question and Cody, kind of exasperated, said, "What?" Carson looked right at him and said, "Dad, I ask a lot of questions because this is the way I learn." What wisdom for a 4-year old.
  • Avery has been waking up dry a few mornings the last little while so we take her in and she goes potty. I brought her down the other morning and we were talking to Carson and I said, "Avery just went potty" and he said, "She did? Oh, give me a kiss...I'm so proud of you." They're so cute together and with the girls gone to school all day, they take really good care of each other. They are all at such fun ages...I wish this could last a little longer because I feel like it's all going really fast.
I can't think of any others right now, although two days ago, I thought of a whole bunch and thought to myself, "I need to write these down so I won't forget." Too late! Maybe they'll come to me before I finish this long, overdue blogging session.

2 comments:

Audry said...

That is so Jaden. We won't do it and I know he can. The problem is that we no longer have a pool that he can practice in.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How pricless are those comments he made! Kids can be so wise.