Sunday, November 2, 2008

Brittany's Debate

I feel bad that I don't have a picture to post for this, but Brittany is on the debate team for her middle school and they had their first competition last weekend. They have 2 teams from the school, one with the older kids and then her team is made up of 6th graders. It was an all-day event and me, Cody and kids made it on the tail-end because we knew the little ones wouldn't make it for long. We were able to see them in action on their last round and it was so fun. Brittany was the speaker for the group so she started it off as to why they opposed one of the propositions that we're voting on. I learned a lot!! They had 5 rounds throughout the day and they won 4 and lost 1, which ended up being an 8th grade team. We stayed for the awards and their team got 5th place out of 37 teams. We were so proud of them and Brittany actually got a speaker award for her points for the day. They did a great job and it was a wonderful experience for them. I'll remember my camera next time!

1 comment:

Audry said...

That's cool, she use those skills for the rest of her life.