Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School...a week late

I had a hard time sending Brit to school this year....for starters, I really loved having her and Bailey at home this summer because I was able to get some work done. I had 2 babysitters who were happy to help because they got paid to do it. :) They actually told me I didn't have to pay them, but now at least they have some spending money, which they love. I also had mixed feelings because I dropped her off and watched all of the other kids go in ahead of us and wondered how my little Brittany was going to do with all of these giant kids with grown up bodies (I tried to put that in a delicate way, but some of the girls look more mature than I do) and when I picked her up, it was exactly the same only there were a lot more girls that were hugging on boys and flipping out their cell phones...It's a whole new world this year but she seems very happy there and she really loves her classes and is getting the hang of everything. Lunch seemed to be the hardest because there are so many kids at one time and not a lot of her friends were in her lunch, but she has found some cute friends and is liking it much better. She is doing better than I am, I guess. :)



Bailey was really excited to go back to school, I think. I asked her the night before if she was excited for school or to see her friends....guess what her answer was? She's my little social butterfly and she loves her teacher and even though all of her friends aren't in her class, she sees them all at recess and lunch so she's fine with it all. She's running for Secretary of the Student Council so that's been exciting. I haven't gotten my act together, but I'm glad she has. She's been great to hang in there with me and she always make me feel like I'm doing a great job, when I'm really not. She's off to a wonderful start and I'm looking forward to a wonderful year for her. She has been such a big help and has really taken charge of a lot of things....she comes right home and does her homework, which is a new thing, she gets everyone a snack and watches the kids if I need a little help. She's been so much fun (not that she wasn't before) but you can tell, school agrees with her.


I think the saddest part of watching them go to school was watching Carson and Avery after they were gone. They've been so used to having Brittany & Bailey to play with that they were kind of lost for a couple of days. Carson has really stepped up and has been taking such good care of Avery. They're so cute together and I love that he gets her blanket, picks up her juice for her, tries to carry her around and calls her "Aves". They're so sweet, but I know they still miss their sisters! I guess we'll just start looking forward to Christmas break. :)

11 comments:

Audry said...

You have such great girls!!! I wish Madisen was more responsible and so willing to help. You have to let me in on your secrets. :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I love your girls. I'm glad the twins are in Bailey's class. Good luck on the election Bailey. I know the twins are both voting for her- thats 2.

Brittany in Middle school. It is tough, I know. But she'll be just fine. Her mind is more mature than their bodies, to be sure.

TnD said...

I now know what is missing in my life--I need Brittany and Bailey to come and live with me and care for little Claire. They are wonderful, you should be really proud of yourself for raising such neat girls.

Karley said...

Hi Jenie-
Here I am being a blog-stocker! I love your girls and I think you are handling the whole middle school thing very well. I agree 100% that she doesn't look old enough to be there, but she is probably more mature than half those busty girls!
-Karley

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How didn't I see these posts. Good job girl. Your daughters are darling! Love those gals.

Lillie said...

I just love seeing pictures of your gorgeous little family on here. The makeup on Carson is killer. And Forest Whitaker?! His girls are in her class? So cool.

Sorry Mila was screaming while you were trying to tell a story today. :)

The Doria Family said...

pngwiI know how you feel about the transition to middle school. The girls grow up so fast and you try to keep them young and innocent with all that is going on around them. She does look so young!

I know she will do great with such a great family and wonderful examples to go by!

Taylor Smart said...

I remember my first day in middle school.:-) I know that Britt will do great.

Unknown said...

OH my GOSH. It seems like forever since I have looked at your blog. I put a new feature on my blog so I can see when people post.
Your girls. I miss them. They are so cute and so beautiful. I can't believe how long their hair was. Crazy. And what happened to Avery. She is HUGE. Let me know when you come to town so we can try and hang.

D3AB said...

I can't wait for Christmas either. But then you guys are going to UT! I am excited for you though. We love having you so near. So glad we can "do this together" as you said. Dayna

Trish said...

Hey cute girl! And so cute family. I'm trying to get caught up - never happens. I'm so glad you guys are good, and well, and happy.......... hopefully I will get to see over Christmas!!!