Well, here are just some cute random pictures....Cody made calzones a few weeks ago and the kids all had their own jobs and they did a great job! They love to cook with dad and he's so patient and he lets them all do their thing....they got more flour on themselves than on the dough but they're all smiling to the night was a success. He had extra dough so the next night, they got out the rolling pins again and made fruit turnovers for dessert and they were yummy. Good kids, good dad = fabulous night!
I know many people had such wonderful posts about the Olympics and we were just like the others....we stayed up late every night and we loved watching Michael Phelps, Volleyball was fantastic, we always love to watch diving and track and field was exciting. Cody couldn't figure out why they showed the whole women's marathon....but other than that, we loved every minute that we watched and by the end of the whole thing, we watched way too much because we were exhausted. We were almost glad to see the closing ceremonies so we could finally get some sleep! The kids sat up with us a lot of nights as well and we made a party of it. They're all night owls so we stayed up late and slept in the next mornings....aah, the mornings before school!She loves her blanket and is having a little bit of a hard time in nursery. We take her blanket every week because I've been sneaking out when she gets occupied and when she sees me leaving or looks around and misses me, she buries her face in her blanket and lays face down on the floor and cries for a minute. She's pretty good after that, but she has to have that blanket (and I'm sure the nursery leaders appreciate that too). It's so sad, but it doesn't last long.
She never sits still, loves to punch letters on the computer keyboard, gives kisses and hugs so sweetly, she's quick (as the people in the front 3 benches at church can attest as Brittany made a mad dash to get her before she hit the stand the last two weeks in church). I love her and she really makes our family complete. As Brittany said today, "I wouldn't trade her for anything!"

5 comments:
What fun at your home! Cody, you rock dad! We should team you and Jamie up with all the children since you both like to do this and Jenie and I will step out to shop :). Little peanut Avery is adorable. It's nice to have our families complete with your Avery and our sweetums Brooke. We've got to get those girls together for some funny good times. We love you all!
PS Good job blogging! I'm proud of you.
Love the shades and the flip flops. I hope there's another pair just like it somewhere around the house.
Jenie,
That sounds just like my little Mia. I was trying to think what their age difference is. Hey send me an e-mail so I can invite you to my blog, jdchrstnsn@netzero.net. Your kids are getting so big, and they are so darling. We missed you at camp this year. Hope we get to see ya sometime soon.
Joanne
Hey, you did something right - getting your man and your kids to do the cooking. Keep training them and you'll be out of a job in no time. Wait, who did the cleaning up afterward?
Little Aves is just so cute and growing so fast. Aren't you glad you captured what you love most about her right now? In no time at all, it will all be different.
I'm really enjoying your blog.
Post a Comment