After the party in the park, we headed over to Cody's mom's house for an Easter dinner and Easter egg hunt with our family. Aunt Misti and her family were here for the day and Paige and Chloe came with us to the ward party so it was fun to see them and spend time with them. The kids had so much fun and Grandma heated up the hot tub and they all got in the pool! The water is definitely not warm enough for me to get in yet, but the kids just don't seem to care! They had a great time and Avery loved being with all the kids. Our kids can never get enough of their cousins when they're here so Saturday was definitely not long enough with Paige, Chloe and Nick, but they made the best of it. We were so glad to see them and it made for a really fun day! Jack and Vera always go all out and dinner was wonderful and the day was fun and relaxing.
Sunday was a beautiful Easter day! We all got up, got dressed, thought we were doing great and were still late to church. I'm hoping to change this! (stop laughing) I came away today with a renewed commitment to try and do a little better this week; to focus on the basics and keep trying! I sometimes get bogged down with all of the things that I'm not doing when I need to focus on the things that I can do and change things a little at a time...even small things matter. We sat down to dinner and talked about everything that we learned today and we had a full blown gospel discussion with Brittany and Bailey doing most of the talking. I'm so thankful for wonderful teachers and leaders who help us along in teaching our kids the gospel. It was definitely a good day and I got a nap! Bonus! Carson added to our gospel discussion later in the evening when Bailey said something that Carson didn't like and he said, "Bailey, Jesus is watching you......and Santa Claus!" We all cracked up! We had a little bit of everything this weekend and I think that's what made it so wonderful! Happy Easter!

6 comments:
"Jesus is watching you...and Santa Claus" I LOVE it. He says the funniest things. I love all of the pictures. You are really good at taking pictures. I think you should teach me how to use my camera. I can't image what you could do with it. I heard you taught an amazing lesson on Sunday.
Jenie I got your message.. It looks like you guys had a great Easter.I can't wait to have Cody come over and get some of the things done we have been wanting for awhile. What a great comment your son made. Isn't so funny the things they come up with to say..
I love that family picture! I really need to commit to getting one taken of us. It's really not as easy as it looks to get everyone together and actually take a picture. Your family is so perfect, I really love the pictures.
Your pictures look great, especially the first one of you whole family. What a great weekend. And I totally agree. We have such wonderful primary teachers in our ward.
Your Easter pics were great! But I have to admit that I loved the 'wedding' pictures best of all! I was so happy to hear that you got a nap! (Mostly because I fear I'll never sleep again! You give me hope:)
Your kids are so cute and funny. I love their sense of humor. I loved how Carson took the wedding so serious. Tryin' to be a man is big responsibility ya know, especially in a house full of beautiful girls.
Post a Comment