Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Love My Sis!


The water was freezing....but it didn't stop 'em! They had so much fun and they kept smiling through their blue lips so I guess the day was a success!



Avery hasn't eaten much at all today....I think she must still be full from all the sand she ate yesterday! She had sand EVERYWHERE! She had the time of her life though, so I'm not too worried about it. Maybe she was lacking a little fiber in her diet! :) Her diapers have definitely been interesting today!
The ribs kind of take the attention away from the muscles, but couldn't help but post it! What a kid!
It's funny that for someone who gets a little freaked out about small people, Cody made me one! This was his project....I don't think it looks that much different from what I normally look like, but, it was fun anyway! :)
I think I might frame this picture! I love it!
The whole Gang! (except Cody behind the camera) We teased him the whole time because I'm sure we looked like a polygamist family! We agreed Jeniel would be the cook and I'd have the kids. :) It could really work!

A fisherman on the pier caught this starfish on his hook and when he brought it up, it was still wriggling around so the kids got to play with it for a little bit. They loved it! What a fun day! Have I said that already?


You would've thought they were in Utah!
These guys rocked! Cody told them they could join the C-Dogs; we're getting quite the band!

It was sooo fun to have my sister and her kids here! They got here last Saturday and just left today! We're currently in withdrawal and the kids are really missing Utah today. It's not so bad when we're going about our lives and we don't see everything that we're missing, but when they get weekends like this and have so much fun with their cousins.....it's hard to let it go! We tried not to think about it too much, but Carson even asked me on Sunday when they were going to be leaving and he said, "I don't want them to go." With his little lip quivering this morning, I didn't think Jeniel would be able to leave. :) That really tugged at all of our hearts. The kids had a really hard time and when we were all ready to go to school, they went upstairs and found notes that Kelsie had left on all of their beds and they started to cry all over again. Kelsie, the notes were so sweet and thoughtful...we loved them!

We had a great time and are so glad that they were able to come. We went to dinner, watched movies with air mattresses blown up in the family room, played at the park, went to church so she could meet all of my wonderful friends who I love and talk about all the time, and we had a wonderful trip to Oceanside to spend the day at the beach yesterday! But, she also cooked for us, ALOT and we loved it! She's a great cook and I miss her taking care of us! She made us waffles, turkey dinner on Sunday (she brought everything with her - thawed the turkey in her trunk on the way down) :), homemade turkey noodle soup for the kids on Monday and roll-ups this morning before she left! THANK YOU!! We loved it and we'll take you any time! Thanks for taking such good care of us and for making the trip down here! We love your family and had a wonderful time! We really needed that! Next time....LEGOLAND! (I'm trying to ease Jeniel in slowly because she's not a big fan of parks or crowds, so I figure we'll try baby steps and in no time, we'll be cruising around Disneyland and she'll have her mouse ears on and everything!) I'll keep trying, girls! We'll get her! Thanks for everything! We love you!

7 comments:

Jeniel said...

Hey, the picture I took of your family with the surf behind you looks great. This was really fun to see all the great pictures and think that it was only two days ago that it was so nice and warm. Since we woke up to snow this morning. Yes, I said snow. BLAH! I am soooo ready for spring, especially now that we've been where the sun shines and the grass is green. Thanks again for the great time! Love ya!
Jeniel

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

What a great sister! I'm so glad I was able to meet her. I wish she could have come over and cooked for me :) When is she starting her business down here? I'm glad you had a wonderful time. It's always hard when family leaves. Man, we need to get to the beach! Okay, AFTER our big trip. You guys are cuties!

Kandis Mortensen said...

Hey! I'm so glad you had fun with your sis! Will you send me your email (callmekam@yahoo.com) Lou made me switch to 'invite only' and you're surely invited! Love you!

eileen said...

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! What a great vacation!!!
I am so glad you had that time together.
Niki added you on her blog and it has been so much fun catching up with your family!!
Don't expect one from me anytime soon you know the old dog new trick thing.
Love to you all!

Trish said...

Sisters are THE BEST! I love that you got to be together. You know I'm so jealous. Jenie, I really love your blog and all that you teach me. Thanks for being so incredible!

koko bean..... said...

I know what you mean. It is so much fun not only for me but for my kids when my sisters come for a visit. The cousins have so much fun together. It sure makes us miss Utah. And when they leave the tears begin to flow. Life wouldn't be the same without sisters....

Tom and Niki said...

That looks like so much fun! Our favorite place is the beach! Maybe we could try family camp seaside style. We miss you guys, Bronson loves the picture of Carson and his ribs!