This last Monday, Cody and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary. We had a really great day and having Jeniel and the girls here made it even more fun! We had lunch at In-n-Out Burger, which I love, especially the fries, and we ended up at Freedom Park. It was so fun! Cody brought over the "bag of fun" as he has nicknamed it, and we had a great time playing frisbee, baseball, playing at the playground and just laughing! We had a fun time all together! My sweet sister then watched all of the kids and made them dinner while Cody and I went out on a real live date! We don't do that much so it was a real treat! We tried to go to P.F. Chang, but the wait was too long so we went to the Cheesecake Factory. We had a table outside right by the water and it was a really nice, relaxing dinner! We have had a lot of ups and downs, not with our relationship, just with life and I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else! We talked about some of the fun things we've done since we've been married and he said one of his highlights was when we went scuba-diving in Hawaii! We've done so many fun things that it's hard for me to pick out just one. Our trip to Hawaii was perfect and was so fun because I think that was one of the first major trips we've been on that I wasn't pregnant! :)
Cody, We're a lot alike and I love that we think a lot the same and we get along so well. One of the first things that I fell in love with was the way you treated my mom....you knew how much she meant to me and you took really good care of her and I knew you'd do the same for me! You love kids and I love that about you and some of my sweetest memories are of you holding our newborn babies, with tears and love in your eyes. I also love watching you at parties or get-togethers because you always end up with one or two kids on your lap. Those are moments that make me love you even more! I love your sense of humor! You're quick and usually a step or two ahead of me and can make me laugh like no one else. I love what a wonderful husband and father you are and I'm so grateful for that. I love that we want the same things and I know how hard you'll work for them. I love that you're a hard worker but I also love that you'll take the time to be with me if I need you and you'll work it out with your schedule to be at the school for the kids or at something that they're doing. I love that you like to be home and that you're okay with that. I love that you spend time with me and I love that you encourage me to get out and have fun with my friends because you know I need it. I love your sense of adventure because you get me out of my comfort zone and I love that you can go anywhere and try anything! I could go on and on, but just know that I love you and I appreciate everything you do to keep us going! You're an incredible husband and I'm so blessed to have you in my life and I'm grateful you keep putting up with me because I know it can't be easy! :) Happy Anniversary! I'm looking forward to what happens next....

3 comments:
Hey Jenie. These are great pictures. I have to add that Cody makes us laugh too. When we were following you up the mountain, and I risked a big California ticket by running the red light so I didn't lose you, and Cody's arm comes out the window and pumps the air for by boldness. Me and Korryn were laughing so hard. We had such a great time. And you're pretty funny about the whole Disneyland thing! ha ha :) I can't wait for you to come visit. Thanks for letting us stay with you and disrupt your life for a few days. I'm sure the girls teachers are glad they're back to school and that they're feeling better from the mysterious illness they came down with while we were there.:)
Love you! Jeniel
13 years. Way to go you guys. We'll follow your lead in a few months. Loved all the pictures in your blog and then new top photo. You guys are the cutest! Keep those years coming. You guys are a great couple.
Isn't it amazing how fast time goes when your happy. Congrats and I hope you have many more years to come...
Post a Comment