I was smiling as I took this picture because it's getting almost comical. It seems like all of these little things just keep happening and I'm so ready to move on. Cody went out on Friday to mow the lawn and pulled the cord and it just came right out....completely. He walked in with the cord in his hand and said, "I think it might be time for a new lawnmower." I had to get the camera because I was laughing....(sometimes I do this to keep from crying) :) and wanted to document this moment. It was bound to happen; as you can tell from this picture, it's not the latest model, in fact it's about 12 years old, but we were hoping to squeeze a few more uses out of it. Well, the whole weekend, I was thinking about buying a new lawnmower, which definitely doesn't sound like very much fun, especially now.
Today was a new day and my handy wonderful husband, took the lawnmower apart, attached a new cord, wound it up and put it all back together. He got it started and mowed the lawn! I'm not sure he was as happy as I was to have it going again because he had to use it but I'm always amazed at how many things he is able to do and how many times he saves us! He is amazing and I'm reminded daily of what a great guy I married! I'm a lucky girl! I sure love him! That definitely helps the stress level too knowing that the trip to Sears or Home Depot is delayed yet again! I still think a new lawnmower is imminent, but not right now... so happy day! Isn't it great the little things that bring happiness? That sounds so sad....I definitely need to get out more!

4 comments:
How frustrating! Why does everything have to happen at once? Lucky that you don't have to replace it right away though.
Glad he got it working. Hope you can get a few more uses out of it. I wish my husband was handy.
Jenie! This is great news. Ours was ready to go for you :)... glad to see you've bought another week... hopefully lots more!
Hey! Thanks for the nice comments! I'm in St. George this week with my guys (Lou says hi!) and we just went to one of Korryn's games (she hit a home run--it was awesome!) We were all talking about how much we miss you (and how we're all praying for you!) Jeniel CAN'T WAIT to get to you! So, take lots of pics so I can see your 'sister visit' adventure (I'll have mine up by tomorrow night!) Give your kids a hug for me! Love you!
Post a Comment