Sunday, May 3, 2009

District Spelling Bee 2009

Bailey went to the District Spelling Bee and did very well! They have 4th grade to 8th grade students there so she was pretty nervous. She was one of the youngest kids there but she held her own! She made it to the 7th round, which is wonderful and she did her very best! We are so proud of her and hope she'll give it another shot next year!
We took a chance to get a little extra studying in by taking her out of school early and spending the afternoon at Red Robin to study over lunch! It was fun mom & daughter time and I love taking advantage of moments like these. Even though she was a little disappointed, I hope she always remembers that we love her no matter what!
When we got home, Brittany went upstairs and got her trophy and name badge from last year and of course Avery had to get in on the action. It was a fun night and we're proud of our kids!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

So so so cute. Love those girls.
Way to go Bailey!! You rock GIRL!

Miriam said...

She looks just like I remember you looked when we first moved into the ward!! What a cutie. Congratulations!!

Taylor Smart said...

WAY TO GOOOO!!! Brittnay and Bailey are growing up so fast! We need to come and visit!

Audry said...

That is so awesome! Congrats Bailey.

erika said...

Good job Bailey! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! We would absolutely love to see you when you are in SF. Let me know when you are going to be here and we'll make a plan! Fun!!

Trish said...

Holy Cow! Look at your kids just growing up! They are all s such "smarty" pants! (bad joke - they really are SOOO smart!)

I really miss you tons. Thanks for all your messages and thoughts of encouragement. You are an awesome forever friend.

Sydney and Griffin said...

Those little smarty pants! I love your cute girls!! It was really fun to see you! ... And I FINALLY put up some new posts! Imagine that!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You should be proud! What great kids you have!