skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Summer Fun
It's time to play catch up. There's been so much going on and I don't want to miss anything.... A few weeks ago, I helped a family find a house to lease and had gotten paid for it and so, with summer coming up and the kids being so good about helping me around the house and helping watch the little ones and all of that, we decided we wanted to surprise them! I've been so grateful that I have very adaptable children because they've really had to kind of go with our schedules, but they've been really good sports. We really miss having a pool, especially when it gets hot, and I thought we really needed something to do in the water so they can at least go outside a little bit this summer. Well, Cody and I watched the sales and decided to plan something fun. I had an open house in the morning so I told the kids, if they cleaned the house and did all their chores, they'd get rewarded when I got home and it would totally be worth it. Well, I got home and the house looked pretty good so we sent the kids upstairs and told them not to come down until we went up and got them. Cody and I hurried outside and set up their surprise. We went up and got them and gave them each a swimming suit and a towel and told them to come downstairs. We led them into the family room and they opened their eyes and starting screaming. Most responsible parents probably would have bought food and clothing; well we bought this instead......
We had such a fun day! Shari and her kids came over and we had a blast. Shari was dressed and looked all nice....that didn't last long. We had an all out water fight and she was right in the middle of it. She had Chandler, one of Kolette's boys, with her and I laughed so hard when he filled up a cup with water and poured it right down the back of her pants. We filled up water balloons, jumped on the trampoline, ate cookies and laughed A LOT!! It was a much needed break and the kids had a great time. We definitely need to have days like this more often. You'll see this waterslide in several of the next posts.....it was money well spent. We can always eat Ramen, right??? :)
6 comments:
Very Nice!! That looks like so much fun. Kallie was looking also and asked,"oh man, who's is that?" So much fun. Jealous we were not there. :) Congrats on your sales to. You go GIRL!!
I have to admit I had so much fun. You guys are such fun people to hang out with. I thought I was invincible when the water balloons wouldn't break on me and then I realized that they don't break on soft squishy surfaces...me. I probably should try exercizing sometime.
We'll be awaiting our invitation. That looks SO fun. Irresponsbible?! No way.
How fun!!! It's nice to take a break and laugh a lot and just have some fun! It's too easy to be busy & forget to stop and have fun. What great memories for your kids too!
That looks like fun! We are really looking forward to seeing you, I hope you can make it. I think we would have so much fun with Kari and Ernie. I am still planning on the 4th but don't expect to much from me I am NOT fast. It should be fun!
Jenie your Blog is so cute! I loved reading all entries.Kari called me last night and she was talking about your blog. Well before I knew it it was 5:00 a.m. and i had built myself one! But I really need your help with how todo a couple of things..... Can you help? How do you get the music on? How do you get the cute background? And how do you get the pictures smaller? HELP!!
Post a Comment