skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Way to go, Brit!

Brittany was chosen for a $2000.00 scholarship to a summer camp up in Idyllwild for 2 weeks in July. I'm so excited for her, but in the next breath, I was asking, "they know she'll only be 11, right?" She's been involved in an after-school program called "Tools for Tomorrow" that is kind of an arts / writing / drama, etc kind of program. They've painted, drawn self-portraits, written a play, built all of the scenery for it and acted it out and she's really enjoyed being a part of it. The teacher for it comes from another school and Brittany really likes her and she's very nice. It's a pretty cool deal; there was 1 child nominated from each school to participate in the process and 5 kids were chosen out of 11 schools. Her Tools for Tomorrow teacher nominated her and she put together a portfolio of her work and wrote a little thing about her and Brittany had to write a page telling why she'd like to be chosen and I had to include it in the blog because sometimes I wonder how old her little spirit really is. We didn't help her at all, it was all her. We just went and met with the executive director a couple of days ago and he was telling us a little more about it....there are going to be kids there from all over the world. Teachers / leaders /artists come from all over to help put it on and it's going to be a really great experience for her. It's a hands-on workshop in music, dance, theatre, visual arts, writing, filmmaking and Native arts and the kids get to pick 2 areas that they really want to concentrate on. I really don't know what we'll all do without her and Bailey is already missing her and she's not even gone yet. It's a two week camp and they stay up there in dormitories with supervisors and teachers and they take really good care of them and we can go visit her on the weekend. It's going to be a learning and growing experience for all of us. We're so proud of her and love that she has all of these great opportunities in her young life. She's such a good kid and I think this will be a lot of fun for her. Congratulations!
11 comments:
BRITTANY! (I'm writing this to her figuring her grown up little soul probably has access to your blog if you want her to.)
Will you:
- please never ever move from our ward or neighborhood-
- Forever be an example to my little girls as they get older, because I have no doubt that you will just keep getting better with age-
- Never stop coming to Activity Days, even when you're like 16, as long as I'm still in there, so I can see your and Bailey's GORGEOUS little faces brightening up my day.
- Keep being such a superstar in school and church and everywhere else you go. You really will ALWAYS be an example to so many other girls.
You're a doll. Jenie, what a remarkable family you have.
Way to go Brittany! Your essay was so well written and articulate. This program sounds great and the camp does too. What a great opportunity for you! We are so proud of you!
Love, Aunt Kim and Uncle Jerry and Taylor and Hayden
Way to go Brittany. I'm so proud of you. Actually, this is the camp Carson's teacher wanted him to go to but he didn't have information and we couldn't find out any information about it. I called, looked it up on the internet, etc. We talked to someone in Michigan. Wouldn't that have been fun? Small world, eh? You are going to learn so much. Way to go. WE love you!
WAY TO GO BRITT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so Cool!!! WAY TO GO!!
i hope i get to see you soon so i can give you a great big HUG!!!
love ,
Taylor
Jenie you should be so proud (which is of course you are) of Brittany. That is so neat. Brittany your essay was written so well. I am glad that you have such an amazing opportunity to experience. I can't wait till you are able to babysit. I believe you will be one busy girl. Congratulations.
What an amazing oppertunity, I am so excited for her. I do have to say that your daughters are some of my very favorite girls I have ever taught, and I have taught a TON of kids! They are so sweet. It is exciting to see them grow and become such great young ladies. Hope that all goes well and that you guys enjoy your summer. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for the cute comments you leave on our blog. And FYI the blog backgrounds are off of a site called pyzam.com.
Can I just say. HOLY COW! You rock girl. We miss you guys so much. I am so excited for you. Brittnay you are going to have such a blast.
Jenie, How the heck are ya. I miss your cute, wonderful family. You and Cody sure do now how to make em!! Smile!
She is so amazing. That is really neat that she was picked for that camp. It sounds like a fabulous opportunity. I think I would have a hard time sending one of my girls away for 2 weeks! It is a mixture of emotions watching them grow up. That is really awesome.
Wow! Congratulations Brittany!!! That is so Awesome! And that school is such a good school. Mark was looking into teaching there at one point. Two weeks is a long time, but she'll do great (and so will you!). Yay Brittany!
2 weeks Brittany!!! I'm not even your Mom, and I'm going to miss you!!! Wow, I'm so proud of you. Not only are you incredibly pretty, you are also kind and thoughtful, responsible and talented, and have a strong testimony. You are such an example to all of us.
Brittany you rock! You are an amazing girl who has a wise soul. Maybe when you come back from camp you can teach me what you learned. Good Luck!
Post a Comment