Sunday, May 25, 2008















I know I talked about some of the challenges of Mother's Day, but I also wanted to show you why I also love Mother's Day! This is what makes my life so much fun and so complete. I also need to put a picture of Cody up there because I don't know what I'd do without him. We have been so blessed and I don't know what we ever did to deserve such wonderful kids!

Brit - thanks for always being there to help...no matter what! Thank you for being such a good example to your brother and sisters and for being the "mom" when I need a little extra help. You're so responsible and so nurturing and loving, sometimes I forget you're only 10. You keep me on the ball and thanks for reminding me of things that need done or getting me out the door when we're running a little late. You're level-headed and mature for your age, but you're still a fun, crazy kid! Your quick wit and fun personality are contagious and I appreciate you making me laugh at just the right time! What would I do without you?

Bai - You're sweet smile and little attitude make you who you are and I love that! I love that you are constantly walking around with a baby on your hip and playing house with Carson, even letting him be the husband when you want him to be your son. :) I love that you wear my shoes around and talk with your hand on your hip. You add so much fun and laughter to our family and when you're happy, your eyes light up and I can't help but smile and go along with you. Thanks for dancing with me in the kitchen and for cuddling up with me on the couch. I love that you put your arm around me and want to hold my hand when we go out. Remember to find the positive and keep smiling - it's one of your cutest features!

Carson - You're at such a fun age and you're constantly making me and dad laugh. I was getting you your lunch the other day and you made me laugh so hard when I asked what you wanted to drink and you said, "Milk, my love!" Your cute little accents and your cute looks, especially when your one eyebrow shoots up when you say something funny, makes my day! I love spending the days with you and I love that you tell me you love me and give me a hug out of the blue. You're such a little boy and I'm so glad we have you in our family...your playfulness and your boyish charm go a long way in our house! Thanks for being so sweet to Avery and for taking such good care of her during the day and for always giving her a love at night before you go to bed. You're still the only one that she kisses and hugs before bed (sorry Brit & Bai). What a sweet boy!

Avery - What a fun, active little girl you are! We love watching you and your facial expressions! Your eyes are so big and beautiful and when you smile, your whole face lights up! You're definitely the bonus that we needed in our family and you finish things off nicely! You are such a sweet little girl and we've all had so much fun watching you learn and grow this past year. Thanks for telling us your secrets (new thing - she gets close to your ear and whispers things) and for all of the kisses and cute hugs with the pats on the back. Walking through the door and having you run right up to me and hug my legs is the best thing in the world!

I definitely have more blessings than I can count and I wanted my kids to know how much I love being a mom and how much I love them! Thanks for all that you do to keep our family up and running and for pitching in when we need a little extra help! I love you guys!

4 comments:

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

What a sweet family you have! Funny how we can live so close and then catch up with each other through our blogs! I say hi every time I go in the back yard. Did you know that you are now our closest neighbor? The family with the big brown dog & two little boys just moved yesterday. We're surrounded by empty homes. Hmmm, wonder what that means?

Kim said...

Avery and Carson look like they could really be up to something. Cute pictures, cute post. Bummer about your camera. Bummer about the snow in Tooele too. This seems to be a really looonng spring in a few places.

Shannan said...

You do have such a great family and you are a great mom. And a great friend! We just washed our car, too, before the rain. Grrr! And I feel the same way about my backyard. I just put off cleaning it because of the wind, and then I finally break down and do it and the next day it blows sand all over again! Oh well. I guess I am still learning about this desert living!

Unknown said...

I miss you and your family so much. So when are you moving? haha
Jenie you are such an amazing person/mom/everything. I love ya. When are you coming in July?