Sunday, June 22, 2008

SCHOOL'S OUT!!

Brittany had her 5th grade promotion on June 13th! I still can't believe she's going to Middle School next year. I'm definitely having a hard time with all of this. I like the fact that Brit & Bailey have been at the same school. I like that they can look after each other and that they pass each other during the day. I like that they know what's going on and if one doesn't tell me, the other one does. I'm not sure how I feel about splitting them up! I guess it all comes down to me not being ready for this! I think Brittany is fine, but I'm having a hard time. I'm sure it's all going to be fine and it's going to work out, but it's going to take some time. :) She had a fun day and they had a cute slide show with all of the kids' baby pictures and when hers came up on the screen, Carson said, "Look dad, they have a picture of Avery." It was pretty cute! She has some really cute friends and that makes me feel a lot better that they're all going with her. I know it's going to be a fun experience for her, but it's just going to take some time for me. Congratulations on a great year, Brit! There are only great things to come and we're all looking forward to it! We're so proud of you and love you very much! Looking forward to a fun summer...



This is her teacher that she absolutely loves and she moved to Utah halfway through the school year. It was really traumatic for the kids but she made it back for their last week of school and they all loved having her there. She was an excellent teacher and she really had an impact on Brittany and I'm grateful that she took the time and encouraged and challenged the kids and made them all feel like they had a place. What a fantastic teacher and it meant so much to the kids for her to come back for their promotion!
Brittany's sweet friends - Kathleen, Blanca & Gloria.
Such sweet kids! I love this picture!

Bailey and the rest of the 3rd grade had a field trip to Pawley Pool the day before school got out. I drove a few kids and got to hang out with them at the pool. This is Bailey's cute friend Danielle. They've been such good friends and Danielle just lives down the street from us. Brittany & Bailey have such a great time with Danielle and Carson just loves Drew and Brinley loves Carson....okay, she has a little crush on him but it's so cute. Drew and Brinley are Danielle's little brother and sister so it's fun to have them right in our neighborhood. The kids are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and I know we're blessed with the people we have around us. Bailey had a really great year. She had a great teacher, wonderful friends and she's looking forward to next year....Thanks Bailey for being such a great student and for making us so proud. We love you and know there are great things to look forward to. Keep that sweet smile and positive attitude and you'll do well in whatever you do. We love having you in our family and are proud of you for the choices that you make. Love you!


2 comments:

Kim said...

I have empathy for you. The oldest going into middle school is traumatic for the mom! I did not like it when Taylor went into middle school. She was fine, I was traumatized. Now that she's going into high school I am trying not to say too much. She's really excited about it.

6th grade is a lot of fun in middle school.

Shannan said...

I didn't realize that Brittany is going to middle school next year! Wow. I am sure she is going to do fabulous. She is such a sweet and wonderful girl. When we are at the stage, I am sure Kaitlyn will be fine and I will be the one totally freaking out!