The girls have had a really fun week at school. We had Lincoln's birthday off and Washington's birthday off so that's been wonderful and then Bailey had a field trip last Friday and Brittany had a field trip on Tuesday. The city of Palm Desert funded a trip for the 5th graders to go and see the USS Ronald Reagan in San Diego. She's been so excited to go and wanted me to come and we decided since I was going with Bailey, Cody should go with Brittany. He doesn't get a lot of chances to go on any field trips, so while we're getting up and going with this new company and not really on a regular schedule, he thought that'd be fun. Brittany was excited and it was a lot of fun for them to spend the day together. I'm going to have her write a little more about it because I wasn't there, but I thought I'd just post some of their pictures. It was a really great opportunity for them and I think she thought it was just like a big boat, "I think as big as one of the pods at school" is actually what she told me before they went, but she was amazed at how massive it actually was and she learned a lot.
One of the things that I thought was sweet was that one of her friends wasn't going to be able to go and Brittany felt really bad about it. Her mom hadn't signed her permission slip and Brittany felt bad that she had to stay at school with one of the other classes while they all got to go. When Brit got home, I asked how the trip was and the first thing out of her mouth was that her friend had gotten to go. Her mom had signed the permission slip the night before and she got to go with her class. I really admire that quality in Brittany that she cares so much about others and wants them to be happy. She had a wonderful day but it was even better knowing her friend was there with her. Here are just a few pictures and then she can go into more detail. Fun week for everyone!

2 comments:
Cody: You are super dad! I especially loved the picture of Brittany high-5in it with President Reagan. Hilarious! We need to go and see this. How fun.
Fun, Trent's going with Madisen to her field trip to the San Fran zoo next Friday. She is really excited that Dad is the one going.
Post a Comment