Bailey and I, oh yeah, and the rest of the 3rd graders at Ronald Reagan Elementary, had a fun day out at the Date Festival last Friday. We had a fun little group and we didn't have a lot of time, so we went quickly from thing to thing so our visit was short and sweet, but it was enough time to do what we thought would be fun and still get ice cream. What more could we ask for? We saw all of the art that the kids entered and they all did well so that was fun. Bailey got a blue ribbon and that made her day so that was worth the trip right there.
We then went over to the animals and a mother pig was actually giving birth to her piglets right then so that was a lot of fun for the kids and was especially funny because one of the 3rd grade teachers is due in about a month so the other teachers thought this was a wonderful "teaching moment" for her. I'm sure her view of birth is permanently skewed from this experience, but I tried to comfort her and let her know that the miracle of birth is much better without all of the hay and crowd of kids and especially because she'll only be having one baby, not 13. I'm not sure I helped her at all, but it was fun for the kids. They had baby ducks and chicks and they all went through the petting zoo and then we got to see the ostrich and camel races. It was fun the first time, but I think I'm okay with that one time. Not that exciting, but worth seeing once, I think, I'm still not sure.
We then had lunch and walked around a little and got to see a fun monkey show right before we got back on the bus. The kids had a great time and it's always fun to spend some one-on-one time with our kids. It doesn't happen very often so it's nice when I get to take advantage of an opportunity. Bailey has a really cute class and it's fun to put names with faces so when she's talking about people, I know who she's talking about. They taught me some fun games on the bus and we ended up having a really fun day. Thanks for letting me tag along, Bailey. I loved it!

2 comments:
So cute. How fun spending the day with your children. I love doing those field trips.
Fun, You saw the pig giving birth? I'm sure the kids thought that was cool. It's a neat picture with the piglets nursing.
Post a Comment