Well, I apologized to my kids AGAIN last night after prayers. I've been one of "those" moms the last couple of days.....those moms who get frustrated way too easily, those moms who take out their stress on the most important little people in their life, those moms who jump in too quickly before evaluating the situation, those moms who don't appreciate fully how wonderful their kids are. I've got really sweet kids because I've done all of those things and yet when I tell them I'm sorry and I shouldn't have acted that way, they say, "Don't worry mom, we know you're stressed out." My favorite, "I really could've been more helpful today when I got home from school." How bad does that make me feel? They always give me hugs and let me know they forgive me and it's really okay. I have so much to learn from them....if only it were this easy for me sometimes. It would solve a lot of my issues. :)
I just want them to know how much I love them and there are so many things that they do right and that I love.
Brittany: I love that you come right home from school and do your homework and then help with the kids. I love that you have so much fun with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I love when you chase Carson around and he gets laughing so hard he has to stop and catch his breath. I love that you understand me, even though you're 10, and try to make things better for me. I love your sweet, tender heart that makes you who you are. I love that you asked if you could bathe Carson and Avery 2 times already this week and gave me some time to catch up after dinner. I love that you pick people out that may need a little extra attention and you love them. I love that you're so responsible and that you love to try new things and always do your best. I love that you just "roll with it" and are so easy-going. I love that you would read for hours if I'd let you, because I'd really love to be sitting next to you doing the same thing. I love your witty sense of humor and that you keep us laughing all the time. I love you for all of these things and more but I'm so thankful for all of the help you give me and for keeping me on track. (You wouldn't believe how organized and disciplined she can be; it's amazing) Thanks and I love you!
Bailey: I love that you can make me laugh just by looking at you! (that sounds bad, but she has a great expression that makes me smile). I love your big, red lips and how beautiful your eyes are, with no make-up (because she's 8 of course). I love that you have your own style and that you walked out of the house this morning with a brown and pink flowered shirt and black and white striped socks and I love that you don't care. I love that you always want to act so grown up although I know you're dying inside to just act silly and laugh. I love that you can play and entertain yourself for hours and that it's totally fine with you. I love that you're constantly singing and playing the piano, although your bummer of a mom hasn't taken the time to go through the books and try and teach you. I love that you know what you want. I love the sweet prayer that you gave the other night and I love that you got so excited the other day because you passed your multiplication because I was starting to worry that you just liked school because you got to see people and wear cute clothes. I love your sweet smile and I love that you came up to me and hugged me the other day and said that you had wanted to do it all day! What more could a mom want?
Carson: I know you and Avery can't read, but hopefully one day you'll be able to look back on this and know that I was trying my best to be a good mom and some days I wasn't cutting it, but I do love you! I love that we hang out every day and that you want me to sit next to you and that sometimes you reach out and hold my hand. I love reading books to you and I love that you want me to read books to you. I love the things you say: I call them "Carsonisms"! "Mom, I don't like wearing these shirts because I can't see my arms" (long-sleeve shirts), "you crack me up" "Backyardigans is on; I haven't seen this for years" (and he's only 4, how long could it have been?) I was reading a book to him in his bed the other night and he said, "that book was silly", then he paused and said, "you can say that again... that book was silly." I know it doesn't sound that funny when I write it, but it was funny the other night. I love that when you do something you shouldn't have, you come in and ask me "I wonder how that could have happened?" with that innocent look that you have. I love that you're wearing your Superman cape around one minute and the next you have on your cowboy boots, vest and you're riding Texas (his horse) around the house. You're such a happy boy and you always have been. You melt my heart when you look at me with those eyes and I love when you say something funny and then look at us with your one eyebrow up. You have the cutest expressions. I love when you sing....I could listen to it all day. I love that you love your dad and I love that you look just like him. I love how excited you get when the girls get home from school and when dad gets home from work. He can barely get in the driveway because you're out the door so fast. I love that you're my buddy during the day and that you keep Avery happy. I especially love when you say, "Mom, do you know that I love you?" That's my favorite and I love you too.
Avery: Again, I know you can't read, but I love how you complete our family. I love that your brother and sisters totally adore you and take care of you. They all want to get you from your crib when you wake up and someone always ends up crying (Carson) when they don't get there fast enough. I love that you smile up at me in the morning and then hurry as fast as you can to stand up and hold our your arms for me to pick you up. I love that you only want me sometimes; I know that sounds selfish, but I love that you love your mom. I love when you smile up at me with that cheesy grin and your eyes closed. I love that you carry around your babies and push your little stroller, just like a mini mom. I love when you just get out of the bath and you smell like baby soap and baby lotion. I love when you wear your little jeans or your brown pants that look like big girl clothes and your little bum looks so tiny and cute. I love that you're happy and that you laugh when we laugh. I love when you lay your head on my shoulder and when you give me big, wet kisses. I love that whenever I sit down on the floor, you back into my lap and snuggle in. I laugh when you don't want dad to touch me because he's on your turf! I love that you're friendly and you wave at everyone in the grocery store. I love that you throw your hands up and smile when we say "Ta-Da!" I love when you have piggy-tails in with bows because you look like such a little girl and I love that you're mine!
I know I'm so blessed to have these sweet kids and they make my life so much happier. I know some days I'm not the mom I want to be, but that's why there's always tomorrow. I'm going to try my best to be better and to think before I speak. Here's to a better week (and dad will be home in 2 more days)!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

3 comments:
You do have great kids, and that is a refection of you. They are great because they have an awesome mom. We all have those day's, Mine have left like weeks. But it's nice to know that your kids love you anyway. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know that we all have our days.
This was so sweet. I loved reading it. I have to admit though my favorite the quote from Carson, "I haven't seen this in years." I seriously laughed aloud. To Tanner everything happened yesterday. We went to Disneyland yesterday (try 6 months ago), Grandma visited yesterday (months ago) etc.
I finally had to chance to read through this blog. I loved it! It was so sweet! Thanks for letting me "see" into this part of your life. I can see you crying the whole time you were writing it. Children are just wonderful. I needed to read this tonight. Thanks. I'll have to use this idea in the future. You are the greatest -- and so are your children. I love you all!
Post a Comment