Carson loves to help in the kitchen. The girls have always been great in the kitchen and have their little aprons that they wear, but I think it's so fun that Carson loves to help just as much as they do. I'm so glad because that's that much less cooking I'll have to do if I train him right. :) We made chicken pot pie last night and he mixed everything together and helped put it into the crust. The only thing I have to worry about are his fingers. They can't seem to stay out of anything that we make and it's not a problem the first time; it's licking them and putting them back in. :) I'm glad it's usually just us eating. If we have company, I'm extra careful about that....don't worry if anyone has thoughts going through their head about what they've eaten from our house. :) I'll take the extra set of hands any day!
I had to post these darling pictures of Carson and Avery. I want him to look back and see what a sweet big brother he was. He takes such good care of Avery and he's really good to see what's wrong if she's crying and pick her up and bring her back if she goes too far (which she absolutely does not like). I have lots of opportunities to take pictures of them together because it seems like they gravitate toward each other. I love that and I hope they keep this bond as they get older. I can't wait until she's more of a playmate to him instead of his sister that gets into his stuff and he has to chase after. It's really cute at night because he always has to give her a big kiss and a love before he goes to sleep. What a cute brother and sister! I love it!

Our "Budding Musicians"


This is definitely one of my favorite moments and I just happened to have my camera right on the counter yesterday! How sweet is that?

Avery loves to be outside. We couldn't keep her in this last weekend. It was sooo beautiful and she LOVED it! The kids were outside from Friday afternoon until Monday night when they had to come in for dinner. It was wonderful....I just wish Avery didn't like to eat dirt. She did pretty well and just liked to follow the kids around. It was such a great weekend and we all enjoyed the sunny weather, especially Cody because he had been in Utah for the whole week and it snowed almost every day and was in the teens most of the time. We definitely can't complain about the weather down here right now; it's beautiful. We'll complain in June. :)

There's something so wrong with this picture!! I think Bailey is supposed to be the pusher not the pushee. Of course it gets above 80 degrees and Bailey puts on her swimming suit. The kids helped Cody wash the cars and had a waterfight and loved every minute of it.

She looked so cute on Sunday....thanks Grandpa Phil and Grandma Debbie for this darling dress.
They definitely loved having dad back this weekend. We really missed him....our house isn't the same without him. It was nice to relax a little bit because we've had to get right back into the real world this week. I wish more days could be like this!!
These are the handball queens....although I did beat them a couple of times this weekend. I love that they ask if I want to play because I'm not too old to learn new tricks. Cody and I both took a few turns and I'm not sure if we're going to have any stucco left on the back of our house after this. This weekend was so much fun.....I did a little housework before Cody came home but we left the rest and just played with the kids and stayed outside. We're definitely easy to entertain so I'm sure that's part of it, but it was great to be together and laugh and play instead of going crazy with everything that there is to do. I guess I saved that for this week. :) It was fun while it lasted and I'm so grateful for weekends like this. It makes me remember all of the important things and even though I didn't get everything done that I wanted to with the housework and all of that, we made some fun memories. The housework always waits.....as much as I wish I had it all together, I just don't and that's okay. I know these moments aren't going to last forever so I'll take 'em while I can get 'em.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend. It's always good to have dad home. Isn't amazing how much your family is depended on Dad. It was really hard for us when Trent was gone. He still travels too much for my liking but at least I have him home every day. Glad you had him home.
Great blog. I need to take it to heart. Good thoughts -- the house always wait (and piles more on while we wait). It's not like I get it done anyway ;) You're awesome! Love ya.
Ok--so you're WAY more 'tech-savvy' than I am! I LOVED seeing your kids--Avery seems so grown up! (They all do!) I'm so jealous of your warm weather (although I do love the snow! It took my mom 4and a half hours to get home from Sandy last night because of the snow storm!).
Thanks so much for your sweet comment--I'm so grateful for blogging! I'm starting a blog about grandma and grandpa Smart (elmerandmarian.blogspot.com), there's not much there at the moment, but at least I started! I thought it would be fun to print it out as a book when I'm finished! Let me know what you think! And kiss those cute kids for me! Who knew that motherhood could be the most difficult and rewarding experience of our lives?!
I love it when my kids play outside! Hasn't the weather been wonderful?
Post a Comment