Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mother's Day


I had a really wonderful Mother's Day this year although it probably sounds a little sad after reading this but I really do love this special day. It started out with breakfast in bed, which I love. The kids and Cody made me french toast and they took care of everything all day long. They are so good to me and I wonder what I did to deserve them. I'm also surrounded by such wonderful women and mothers and I'm very blessed to be a mom to some pretty wonderful kids. What a great day and I usually really try to focus on the terrific women and mothers in my life and as me as the mom, but I had a pretty hard time this year with missing my mom. I think of her every day but some days it hurts a little more. I have some pretty great friends who were there during church and I appreciate them being there with their arms open. There are just times in life when you need a mom and I miss that. I've learned to live with it, but it'll never get better. I'm very blessed to have so many wonderful women in my life who take such good care of us. I know Heavenly Father watches out for me through others and I know there are people in my life who help to fill this void. My mom was such an incredible mom and I wonder what my life would be like with her still here. I've learned not to dwell on these things because it makes me crazy but sometimes I can't help but wonder. I'm so blessed to have had her for my mom! What an example and what a sweet, caring and loving person she was to everyone. I hope that I can be like her "when I grow up." :) Thanks, mom! I love you!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Miriam said...

I think of your mom a lot too. I loved her so, and still do!

D3AB said...

Hey, this post got me...love you.

Tiff said...

Jenie
Hi there. I found your blog off of miriam's. I kind of lost track of you guys, but I'm glad to hear things are going so good. You're family is so beautiful. Keep in touch.
Tiff (Norby)