So, you can probably guess what's going on at our house! I have so much blogging to catch up on, but I'm so happy about this. We finally decided to tackle potty training after putting it off, mostly because I wasn't sure I was ready, but I can honestly say that she was totally ready for this! I put it off because of trips and work schedules and I wanted to have a few consecutive days to devote to the process. We decided to start on Friday and after a couple of accidents, she kind of got the hang of it. Cody and I went to a movie with Mattsson's and left her with Brit in charge. She was up to the task and went and got her this little potty seat and she sat on it all night in the family room. I'm surprised she doesn't still have a red ring around her little bum. :) She loves it and none of our other kids would even sit on one of these. She did really well yesterday, stayed dry last night and has been dry all day, until just a few minutes ago. I don't want to jinx it but so far, so good! She's so proud of herself and we made her a little chart that she can put stickers on when she goes and it looks pretty good! I'm so proud of her and I can hardly wait to start throwing away the Costco diaper coupons. :)
Living Waters
7 years ago

7 comments:
That's so great! Way to go Avery. Did you know there is a super funny potty video called "It's Potty Time!"? It is so hilarious. Jim and I still sing the song "You Are a Super Duper Pooper"!
Yay! Luke had been potty training for weeks now and is just being a little stubborn stinker. Good for you!
Congrats! I can't wait to be done with diapers FOREVER...
we're thinking about tackling the potty, but I'm afraid it might be to soon. She is refusing to put a diaper on though and she stays dry for a couple of hours so, maybe.
Omy gosh Jenie! She's so cute! That's great! I'm still working with Lorelei. She does things on her own time. Then 2 more to go for me. Ya, we'll be doing the diaper thing for a few more yrs.
she's so cute in her panties! I love little kids bums in their new big kid undies! Congrats, hopefully she'll continue to do well.
That pic of her on the sink in her panties is priceless!
Did I tell you that I saw your cute lil family in the parade? I repeat myself a lot these days. But in case I didn't... I saw your cute lil family in the parade.
Post a Comment