Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What a week.....



Avery's little bump on her noggin...



This is the lipstick incident. Isn't this awful? She was pretty proud of herself though.

Last week was absolutely crazy! I really felt like we didn't slow down at all but I guess that's good in a way too. I started a Keller Williams class that will go until the end of April and it's from 8:30 - 10:30 every day. We juggled things all week and already last Saturday, I was dreading how we were going to make it work again this week. It turned out okay and I'm just so thankful to have such an understanding, wonderful husband who worked around my schedule in order to make it work for all of us. I had my class and he stayed with the kids (and did carpool) and then I'd race home and we'd swap so he could go to work and actually make money. It just worked out perfectly last week with his schedule and he's really wonderful because he didn't complain at all, although I know it must have been a little frustrating for him, especially when he found Avery eating one of my lipsticks the other day. He had a terrible time trying to get it all off of her teeth. I have assignments to complete every day so then I would get home and start trying to do things for the next day's class and I've been previewing homes and all of that so needless to say, we did a lot of tag-team parenting. It's been really great though and it's amazing how much I continue to learn every day and I'm hoping to get up and going so I can help out a little bit too. So far, so good.

Along with that, Shari had taken all of my kids to play at her house, which is no small thing, while I previewed a few homes in our development. I was so grateful for that; Thanks, Shari! I don't know what I would do without all of my wonderful friends. But, we were just getting home and Avery fell off of the car seat and split her head open a little. Bailey kind of screamed and I turned around to look and could only see red! I'm sure everyone knows about head wounds and how much they bleed, but it really freaked me out for a minute because I couldn't get the bleeding to stop long enough to look at the cut and see how big it was or how deep it was. She was such a little angel because I just grabbed her, stuck a rag on her head and laid her on the floor and put pressure on it until it stopped. It probably freaked her out a little too because she just kept looking at her hands and everything was just red. Not a good thing when your nerves are already a little frayed. I finally got it to stop and it wasn't too big so we made a trip to Walgreen's, got some glue and butterfly band-aids and played doctor. She was such a little trooper and I think we did a pretty good job. She made it and we discovered that Zout and Clorox for colors does a pretty good job of taking blood out of clothing and sheets.

Things like that always put things into perspective for me because I was frustrated with Carson and I was thinking about everything that I still had to do before I went to bed and then that happened and everything else just went away. My family is definitely my priority and I always hope that they know that and I want them to know that I know it! Nothing else is that important that they should ever come in 2nd. I just try to keep letting them know that it's going to be crazy for a while but "this too shall pass." :) They have to put up with a lot but they're really good sports! I sure love 'em! It'll be nice to get back to a little bit of "normal", whatever that is, sometime soon though. We're just kind of going day-to-day and taking it as it comes. We haven't made it to the grocery store for some of the little things because it just hasn't worked out and this morning I ended up using Cody's Old Spice deodorant because I finally ran out of mine. Pathetic, huh? I think Old Spice must be the reason I wanted to high-five every0ne and talk about the Final Four. :) I'm thinking a trip to the grocery store can be put off no longer. Normal....looking forward to trying it out! :)

9 comments:

Theresa Fisher said...

It's fun to see a family as crazy as my own. We, however, do not have any little ones messing with my lipstick, just bigger ones thinking it's time to wear a little. YIKES! I love that you are doing a few things with Kolette. When I come down next, we'll have to try a girls night out California style. Take care!
Theresa Fisher

Audry said...

Wow! I'm tired from just reading about it. Families are the best and so are great friends like Shari. I miss everyone so much. Glad you guys are getting on your feet.

koko bean..... said...

Jenie oh Jenie I am so so sorry. Head wounds are the WORST. Is their any family who is normal??? At least not mine..haha Hey you can borrow Chandler anytime. He is a good fun kid. I hope that things get a little more calm for you soon. Love the lipstick pic, maybe it's a good thing I don't wear anything but chapstick.

Jennifer said...

Isn't it true that things seem to go wrong when we're so busy busy busy. Hopefully you will get your 'normal' that you desire. Didn't you love Elder Ballard's talk about moms? I think you're doing a great job. You are sweet and kind and so invested in your kids.

Shannan said...

Gotta love Walgreens! It looks like you did a good job mending her head. That sounds so great about your classes. I am glad that is working out. I don't know if anything is ever normal. It seems like once you get comfortable with the way things are, it all gets turned around again. Here's to being adaptable!

Shannan said...

Oh yeah, and Go Aggies!

Melissa said...

Jenie - it's Melissa from the ward :)
I'm sorry that Avery hurt her head! Em did that in November and ended up needing staples...
And just so you know, hydrogen peroxide takes blood out of clothes and carpet :)
Good luck with your class!

Kandis Mortensen said...

Yay! New posts! I'm so sorry life is crazy! (I feel like I can relate--but I know in my heart that my version of crazy probably doesn't even come close...) And what's up with all the head injuries? We had one too! Something in the water?!
I know you have so much to juggle, so when you feel overwhelmed just stop and think that I (and others) am thinking of you and praying for you (and heaven help us all have the patience and energy we need!) Good luck! And I'll keep my eyes out for more posts... (we need proof that we actually passed through and survived these crazy times!) love you!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hope you got some new deodorant. You totally make me laugh. You seem to always make family first. I love that about you. You guys are the greatest and wish we could be more helpful during this stressful time. Good thing you are keeping a record of this time, you'll look back and laugh.