We had such a fun Memorial Day with our family! Cody's mom and Jack have the best barbeques and are always trying something new and different. This time, they smoked a ham and we barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs. No one left hungry....that's for sure! Brittany loved helping Grandma in the kitchen and then everyone got in the pool and it was such a fun day! We love these beautiful, spring days and I love that we have the chance to remember those who are protecting our country and those who have died doing so.
I remember growing up...we always got up really early and drove up to the cemetary for a special ceremony that they had for the veterans and to honor those who had died for our country. My brother, Jeff, plays the trumpet and he was asked several times to play Taps! There's nothing like standing there with the soldiers and looking at all of the flags that were flying for those who had passed on and listening to my brother play that song to honor them. I remember getting mums and walking all over the cemetary to our family members graves and delivering flowers and how pretty the cemetary looked. It seemed like we were there for hours while my mom and dad visited with everyone. Definitely small town feel and I really do love those memories and hope I can instill this same sense of patriotism in mychildren, although we're not off to a very good start. We just need to start getting out and finding opportunities here too. It was a really great day and what a fun day with our family!




1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun! San Fran looked fun too. Not to far from us.
Post a Comment