Thanksgiving, Brittany & I ran the 5K in La Quinta with our sweet friends Alysa, Carson & Roxanne. Our family was going to do it together but Thanksgiving morning, Avery woke up with a fever so I took Brittany and we had a mother/daughter moment. She did great and next year we're going to train a little better and Bailey is definitely going to join us next year and we'll gladly take any others. Alysa and Carson were with us last year as well and it's such a fun way to start off Thanksgiving morning. We had a great time and it feels so good to not only do it for yourself, but to help out a good cause. The event raises money and awareness for Martha's Village & Kitchen so it's definitely a win/win. It's a great way to start out the day and it definitely helps us to reflect on all of the many things that we're so grateful for. We had many blessings this year and I can't tell you how thankful we are! Among some of the many....
- My sweet husband who I love and keeps me sane (either that or we're both nuts) He also is the one who can always make me laugh. With all of the craziness this year, that has been one of the most important things that we've learned....you have to laugh or the sanity thing goes right out the window. He has been amazing and while things definitely could've torn us apart, it has brought us even closer together. I know, I know, sappy, but I don't know what I'd do without him and I love him!!
- My wonderful kids! Without their help and their love & understanding, it would have been absolutely miserable. They stepped in so many times when we needed them, watched kids, cleaned the house, made breakfast, lunch and dinner and also made me laugh. What a joy it is to be their mom and I don't think they'll ever understand how much I love and appreciate them. Together we made a pretty scary year turn out to be okay and I love them so much for that!
- Our family & friends! I know that if we ever needed anything, they would be there for us. I can't tell you how nice that is to be surrounded by such good people who we love! Many times this year we received acts of kindness from family and friends that helped us mentally, emotionally, financially, etc. I hope that we're in the position to do the same for someone else because you have no idea how many times our prayers were answered through the wonderful people around us.
- I'm thankful for the gospel...you can't help but have a positive attitude when we know how blessed we truly are. I'm thankful for the testimony that I have and for the opportunity we have to teach our kids the gospel and to believe in the power of hope and of goodness and to see firsthand how prayers are answered. I'm also grateful for the opportunity we have to serve others and we're grateful for those who have served us! That is a humbling and wonderful thing and one that I'm used to being on the other end of. Thank you for those who have picked us up when we've been down! You truly made a difference in our lives this year.
- Work....we've been very blessed to have good people around us that either provided us with work or passed our names to others. We wouldn't have made it without all of you and we know this for a fact. Thanks for all of the jobs, referrals, friends of friends, etc. We'll try to return the favor...
- I'm thankful for the opportunities we have in life and for timing. It's amazing how things fall into place when you're least expecting it.
- I'm thankful for moments of pure happiness that come with a sweet moment with one of my kids, an unexpected hug and kiss or a card made and left on my nightstand. I'm so thankful for all of this and more and for the opportunity I have to write it all down so I can remember that 2008 wasn't all bad! :) There were so many learning moments and moments of reflection that made me realize that through some of these difficult days, we smiled, we laughed and we were grateful for each other and for all of our many family and friends who made a bright spot out of a lot of cloudy days. Happy Thanksgiving (a little late)! :)

8 comments:
I am thankful for you!
Hey! I found your blog on Cody's facebook page. I hope you don't mind that I looked. It's nice to see your family and how much they've changed. We miss you guys!
My name is Tiffiny Mason Zac Masons Wife who worked with cody, i just received your blog, how cute is your family. It is so good to hear from you. I hope your family is doing good. It will be fun to keep in touch.
Wow! That was a great post. I see a lot of your mother in you, and that is about the highest compliment I can give, bless your heart! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Hey stranger what's up? That is an amazing post. We miss you guys tonz! It's softball sign-up time and I always think of ya this time of the year. Get your butt home k:)
Hey! Sorry, my main blog is gwenandboys.blogspot.com. Feel free to take a look. Lots of pics of cute boys!
Ok, now girlfriend, it is mid-march. Don't you think its time to start your Christmas post?
Hey! Time for a new post!
Today Dave entered his Ranchero in the Old Folks' Sociable car show in Grantsville and I think your dad had his old white car there (sorry I forget what it is... we did that show and then went to the Autorama so I have a million cars floating through my head.)
Anyway, made me think of you. Told my mom about your blog and she told me to say hi. So HI FROM AMY.
Hope you're all doing well!
Post a Comment