Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching up....the story of my life! :)

I'm sure that people have stopped even looking for an update from us. It's been a while and I'm going to catch up over the next few days. I keep thinking I'm going to take an hour or so at night and start trying to piece together the last few weeks and then something happens or I'm just too tired or it just seems overwhelming. I usually end up working and I've got to start catching up or I'm going to forget so much of what's gone on this last month. I definitely need to start somewhere....

It's funny because just when I start to think I'm getting it together, something happens to let me know I just don't quite have it yet, hence why I haven't had it together enough to catch up on my blog. This little story is kind of how my life has been working lately....just so you understand. I've been working quite a bit lately and I had a listing that I put on a broker caravan with our office, so I had gotten everything ready the night before and was feeling like I was okay. I got there on time and was able to enjoy the meeting a little bit. Well, I was just planning on driving myself on the caravan and then just heading straight to a lunch appointment that I had, but when I walked outside, my friend asked if he could ride with me. Well, I said, "Of course" and thought to myself, well the passenger seat isn't too bad so that was fine. I got in and started to move papers around and slide my files to the side of the seat and moved a couple of books and then 3 more people came out of the office and my friend said, "hey, those guys could probably come with us." Looking at my huge car, you'd think, of course they can. There's plenty of room; the problem was when I looked in the back seat in horror. I hurried to open the back doors and unlatched the car seat and threw it in the back-back seat, started throwing diapers (not used, thankfully) in the back seat and trying to brush crushed up goldfish under the seats so it didn't look quite so much like the total kid car. I tried to wipe the crumbs from all of our fast food meals in the car off the seats as my esteemed colleagues tried to get in. Well, there were a few things that were left so one of them said, "Oh, I'll just put these in the back," and went around to the back of the car and opened up the liftgate. There, in the back of the car was a cake that we had taken to Cody's mom's house the night before to celebrate Brit's and Vera's birthdays that we had all forgotten to take into the house. It was just perfect when one of my friends said, "Oh, you brought cake." All I could do was just stand there and laugh. AAHH, my life! So, this is when I said before, just when I think I get it together, I take a few steps back and realize, yeah, not so much!

I'm still trying to make everything work and some days are better than others...obviously, but I really have to say that for the most part, it is working. I'm grateful to be busy and for all of the opportunities that have come our way. I remember in January wondering what in the world we were going to do and now here we are with plenty to do and I have to remember that it's a blessing. I really enjoy what I'm doing and especially the people that I get to work with. I just need to remember that I'm probably not going to get it all together and it's okay. I can be the mom with cake in the car who sells houses and that's okay. :) I guess we'll see how much I can get it together in the next few days to update this blog. It needs some work!

5 comments:

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Way to go on the update. Carson is going to be so excited. When you talk to Brit, have her start writing her part for the blog because we want to hear all about her schooling.

I know why I love you so much, I'm the cake in the car mom too. Cake in the car+spilled milk+cracker crumbs+sand from the beach+millions of books laying all around+++++ Pfew. I won't even start with the house. Love you lady. You are doing such a good job. Keep it up. It won't last forever.

Shannan said...

I used to think it was easy to keep my car clean. That was when I only had one child and couldn't believe that my brother-in-law with three children just couldn't keep the cheerios out of his car. Now the girls are constantly climbing over papers, princess shoes, books, you name it. Yah, I know I need to clean out my car, but somehow I seem to forget it as soon as I'm not in the car anymore. And I really don't want to hang out in the deadly heated garage any more than I have to. So, here's to embracing the crumbs and clutter!

Kyle said...

You are my hero, Jenie! I am going to be subbing this fall and I'm so nervous about how I'll keep things 'together'. . I need to remember what's important and let the small stuff slide... Thanks for the great story!

Unknown said...

LOL! That story is classic. I wish I could have been there to see the cake in the car. That is so awesome.
That story to me just tells me how great a mom and employee you are.
You Rock.
Love ya
Megs

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh the dirty car, the bane of my existence! At least your cake was only in there a day. Once I forgot ice cream in my car and didn't realize it. It smelled great for a few days, then... whoa baby! Not pleasant. I can never understand how the kids manage to carry everything into the car, but not out. Once I found several dozen socks in the car when they were all accusing me on not washing any socks.

You are doing a great job! I admire and love you. I realize the irony that the more there is to blog about, the less time you have to blog. Hang in there, friend.