Monday, April 26, 2010

My Avery....


I have so much to catch up on, but I have to write this down before I forget it. As you can tell, I've been having blogging issues and haven't been able to fix it or haven't had a minute so I've left the crazy picture of Avery & 1/2 of Brittany on our blog. One of these days, I'll add the rest of the family. I posted a big catch-up post last Sunday and I went to publish post and there was an error message and it erased everything!! I gave up and you can see how well I'm doing at catching up again. :)

Avery is such a fun girl to be around and is always saying the cutest things. Her new thing is "My bad..." If she does anything and it's wrong or she does something she shouldn't, she says, "My bad". That cracks me up. You can definitely tell she has older siblings.
So, we're at Stater Bros. on Saturday and we're in the produce section and there's a huge flag on the back wall. She's standing in the cart and she turns to look at the flag and says..."I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America...." and repeats the whole Pledge of Allegiance. She has said it before but never right in front of the flag and I just stood next to her and let her finish because I love the words that she throws in there and mispronounces. :) After she finishes, I ask her, "What do you do when you see a flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance?" She immediately put her hand over her heart....I was so impressed. I'm so thankful for wonderful people in our kids' lives that teach them important things like this. I asked her where she learned that and she said, "Teacher Robyn." Thanks Robyn! This is the same Teacher Robyn that she prays for in her prayers, as well as Baby Millie, Robyn's little baby girl. Robyn is amazing with our kids and Avery is loving pre-school and now will love nursery even more because Robyn is now the nursery leader. Thanks, Robyn, for that cute moment in the grocery store.

5 comments:

Susan Whittenburg said...

Hey there Jenie! I don't usually leave comments on blogs, but I just had to today when I saw your update. I miss you and I miss your little ones (and your 'not' so little ones. Holy cow! When did that happen?!??)I wish I lived next door so that I was right smack in the middle of your life!
I hope you had a Happy Birthday! I was thinking about you. I'm always thinking about you. Please know that I LOVE YOU~
Aunt Suz

TnD said...

Welcome back. I love your posts, even few and far between and I love that sweet Avery.

Karley said...

Because Preschool is considered fight club in our house (Austin prefers never to talk about it or tell us what she did that day in school), I never knew that they learned the Pledge. I am so excited to make her tell it to me now!

Jacey said...

Oh my word!!! That girl, you never know what to expect! I love her SO dang much! And miss her too... silly, silly Avery

Unknown said...

Holy Cow. She is so big and so beautiful.

How are you guys?? I was just talking jim about missing you guys last week. Seriously, you guys were such good friends.

Hope all is well and HAPPY BDAY!!
Hope you had a great day!