Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cedar City / Bryce Canyon


One of the reasons we went to Utah when we did was so we could catch our family reunion on the way back home. We had such a great time....we went to Cedar City and stayed at a KOA campground for a couple of days. We went to Bryce Canyon and hiked around and hung out at the visitor's center together with grandma Debbie & grandpa Phil and aunts, uncles & cousins. The kids had a great time and were all such troopers. We had quite a hike and no one complained...as far as I know....the entire time. Avery was a real trooper because I forgot her backpack so we could carry her on the hike so we borrowed a little baby carrier hoping she wouldn't be too big for it, which she was, but we used it anyway. It must have been pretty uncomfortable for her, but she didn't say a word. Way to go, Mom! Another one of those "Mother of the Year" moments. I don't think I'll forget the backpack again. :)

I love the colors of the canyon. I think these all blend together....there were so many pictures, I couldn't choose so I just kept adding. We had such a gret time and it was great to spend time with our family!

My dad, brothers and sister all have trailers....well, we don't anymore, so they reserved us a cute little cabin to stay in. I took pictures of their houses and then our little house. It was just perfect....it had bunk beds and a queen bed and Debbie is always prepared and packed a twin blow-up mattress so we used that and every one slept comfortably and we had just what we needed. The campground was great...it had a swimming pool so the kids loved that, they had a movie theater downstairs that you could choose your movie and rent the room, which we didn't get a chance to use, hard ice cream in the office to purchase, a little store with fountain drinks :) and these cute little bikes that you could rent for 1/2 hour at a time. We had such a great time on them and the kids didn't stop the whole time they had them. We bought a fun bean bag toss game and played that and just hung out and visited. It was such a great time and we all enjoyed the extra few days that we had with our family. It was so hard to leave....it always is and we all had red eyes when we left that morning. Carson and Ty are such good little buddies and I have so many cute pictures of them but they made me cry just listening to their conversations about how they're going to keep in touch and how they wished they lived closer together. They hugged so tight before we left and that just tugs at the heart strings. We sure love our family and are so grateful for the times we're able to spend together. Thanks for putting up with us! We love you!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Miriam said...

Those pictures are great! You and your brothers and sisters kids are growing up so fast. I think you were about Brittany's age when we moved in the ward! She is beautiful, just like you!

TnD said...

Dang, if you would have only posted before the auction you could have had an extra five points! I love the pics of the canyon and that tree in the gorge is so cool. Love your cute family.

Taylor Smart said...

it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! love ya and miss you all

Taylor

Gwen said...

I love all your pictures! Looks like you had a great trip. So... when you moving back??!!